Sunday, June 10, 2012

Going to Ethiopia

I've felt fairly self-conscious about this blogging project, but I've had a fairly positive response--so thanks to everyone who's read!

I'll be leaving for Ethiopia for the next month. I will try to post while gone, but I'm not sure how accessible the internet is where I'll be, so there's no guarantee. For those of you who are curious, I'll be researching food and water insecurity for a professor in my department. If you're interested in guest posting over the next month, please contact me.

According to UNICEF, Ethiopia has one of the lowest sanitation rates in the world, with only 18% of households with access to "improved" facilities (in other words, not an open pit latrine, a public latrine, or a bucket). I'll be recording my observations and experiences while over there, and write some new posts when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment